Rape is a potential threat to every woman in the world, whether you live in an affluent suburb or a neighbourhood fraught with criminal activity. Sexual assault is perpetrated by strangers but it is usually acted out by individuals whom the victim knows well.
A wide range of sexually violent acts can take place in different circumstances and settings. Consequently, there are numerous situations in which you may consider using Rape-aXe to better protect yourself.
Some of these include:
- Rape as a violent crime by a stranger
- Date rape / drug rape
- Unwanted sexual advances or sexual harassment, including demanding sex in return for favours;
- Hazardous professions for employees or volunteers in prisons, mental institutions, drug treatment centers, schools, hospitals, homeless shelters, etc….
- Rape by intimate partners in a marriage or dating relationship
- Child molestation / involuntary incest
- Rape of women in the military by comrades or enemy combatants
- Systematic rape of civilians during armed conflict;
- Rape of international aid workers, such as Peace Corp workers or those working in operations in hostile environments
- Rape of urban homeless women/girls
- Sexual abuse of mentally or physically disabled people;
- Rape in regions of the world where women are not treated as equals and women’s rights are not respected
- Rape in areas undergoing post-disaster aid / refugee camps
It’s important to note that in all of these categories, the reported incidences of rape are severely under-reported due to the nature and sensitivity of the crime, and the fact that authorities may not believe the victim or that she has “no proof.”